This area of our documentation is a work in progress as we move towards Crowd Control 2 release. Some info may be missing!
Before starting a new project or reporting errors, make sure you are using the latest build of the SDK and have the latest version of the main CC desktop app.
We recommend using the PackProject visual studio project inside the SDK folder for IntelliSense.
- To get started, extract the 7zip file and open
CrowdControl.SDK.exewhich cannot be run along with the normal desktop app.
- From here you can load your .cs from the "Load Pack Source" button and select your pack from the list.
- Select the correct "Game Connector" from the drop down.
- Then hit Connect on the SDK to initate the connection.
Create a game pack
If you are looking to implement Crowd Control for a retro or PC game, check these quick examples. Check the side bar for more details.
- LUA/Bizhawk: SimCity - SNES
- Memory Inject: Plants Vs Zombies
- TCPconnector (for use with mods): Celeste
- MelonLoader (Direct Unity integration): Cuphead (not cc2 compatable at this time)
Test effects LIVE or share with a friend
This feature will be back in the cc2 desktop app soon!
If you run into any issues or questions, you can look over at our #cc-developer channel in our discord under the Crowd Control category! We have a good amount of devs working on games, so feel free to just hang out!
Submit to the CC Team
If you want to make your pack available for all users and see it up on our offical support list, please reach out on discord!
Let us know all the deatils about your setup! Any specific build of the game or extra settings that might be required.
Our team will put your pack through our QA process. If we have any questions or issues to report, we'll let you know as soon as we are able to.
We'll create the setup guide, one click setup, icons, etc to get it implemented and has the same user flow as all our other packs.
More info here on How We Work: https://crowdcontrol.live/how-we-work